Edcetera is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Principal Software Architect who can make complex architectural decisions, do independent research to find the right combinations of technologies for the project, and code proficiently. While this is an architect position, coding and development will be a significant part of the job. The ability to balance complex technology and product needs is important. In addition, the candidate should have project management skills and be able to prioritize tasks effectively. The candidate will be responsible for creating strategic plans and achieving project goals with minimal oversight.
- Design, code, and maintain a complex software project with many moving parts
- Design architecture, which includes integrations of several services
- Manage own project timeline and schedule
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements and balance with technology requirements
- Communicate project status and progress effectively to stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ years of experience as a full time software developer (fewer years if you’ve had strong experience on complex projects)
- 2 years of experience project managing a complex individual or group project
- Several years of experience developing the backend for a significant product in more than one language (e.g. Java, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Experience leading software development projects
- Strong understanding of software development principles and best practices
- Strong understanding of software development project management best practices
- Performance minded, ability to avoid and diagnose critically un-performant code
- Self driven, rigorous, and has high standards for their work
- Can figure out how to resolve complex tasks and take them to completion independently
- Detail-oriented and capable of thinking several steps ahead
- Strategic about prioritizing tasks
- Willingness to learn new technologies and tools
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Can summarize and articulate complex issues clearly
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Experience working in remote teams
- Remote Positions Available
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package, including Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with company match
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule options
- PTO and paid holidays, including your birthday
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
Edcetera provides continuing education, pre-licensing courses, and exam prep for licensed professionals. We are dedicated to our customer’s career success and committed to providing exceptional customer service. Our team of experts continuously reviews and updates our course content to bring the most accurate and up-to-date information to the people who need it most. We provide hundreds of courses to meet training needs, ranging from general industry training to state-specific standards to industry-related elective courses.
We are people from a variety of backgrounds working together to solve big problems. We achieve success when we can help our customers (or each other) learn and master new skills so they can, in turn, help others. We care for our customers and each other and strive to promote a community of belonging and innovation built on doing what is right and seeing the good in others and the world.
Edcetera takes pride in providing a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you meet the above qualifications and are excited about the opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, we encourage you to apply for this position.